Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR), sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking a Crane Operator who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and a top-quality repair services.
The Crane Operator performs various lifts in various shipyard and drydock areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs various lifts in various shipyard and drydock areas
- Operate small and larger cranes and understand their load charts
- Direct critical lifts with supervision
- Complete paperwork on lifts and timekeeping as well as help riggers do theirs
- Safely and efficiently operate forklifts
- Perform various tasks including crane maintenance, rigging inspections and selections, forklift operations, clean-up operations, and any other task that the company deems necessary on top of regular crane operator requirements.
- Perform accountability tasks that include timesheet recordkeeping, incident reports, crane inspections, rigging inspections and records, and other tasks deemed necessary.
- Perform needed activities to support vessel launch,
- Plan and coordinate complex lifts
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to Operate all forklifts effectively
- Ability to operate small cranes effectively and safely.
- Ability to plan all lifts effectively for the smaller cranes.
- Ability to operate Larger cranes, understanding of their load charts.
- Understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair crane issues.
- Ability to keep paperwork on lifts and timekeeping as well as help riggers do theirs.
- Ability to calculate/acquire the weights of various lifts (small, large, critical).
- Ability to independently maintain equipment (monthlies) that needs it.
- 5+ years’ experience operating Fixed or Swing cab cranes.
- Forklift operating experience
- Valid Washington State driver’s license
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
- Team Player
- Safe Work Practices
- Experience working around Heavy Machinery
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work flexible work schedule at launch and/or rush times.
- Current Washington State Crane Certification from an accredited location. Include all certificates with application.
- 8+ years crane experience
- 5+ years critical lift planning and rigging experience
- 5+ years in a shipyard environment
- 5+ years forklift experience
- Experience operating Crawler Cranes
To Apply: Submit completed application form online (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.