Shared Ice Services (“SIS”) is a new company that will provide essential support services Nichols Brothers Boat Builders (“NBBB”) and Everett Ship Repair(“ESR”). SIS, coupled with these two operating companies, comprise the heft and might of Ice Cap Holdings’ presence in the maritime community of the Pacific Northwest.
Join a We are seeking a Human Resources / Payroll Manager providing key oversight and management of the companies’ HR processes at both sites, including benefits administration, policy design and administration.winning team that is continuing to build a progressive HR infrastructure, a culture of learning, and a leading-edge safety environment. As a senior HR role reporting directly to the company’s Director of Human Resources, this role will make significant contributions to the company’s continuing growth and will be strong candidate for succession to leadership team role.
What You will Do:
- Provide full-service human resources support to two companies.
- Build Organizational Capability through prudent and diligent partnership with operations department leadership in administering performance review and skills assessment instruments.
- Works with supervisors on corrective action and employee investigations
- Generates Personnel Action Forms to effect key HR decisions, and actions relevant to new hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of employee files and benefit programs.
- Assist the Director in the daily administration of HR services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, affirmative action/EEO compliance, performance evaluation, and employee relations.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to issues such as benefit costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, compensation, and promotions.
- Principal administrator of PAYCOM HRMS, to include report generation and training on use for employees and supervisors.
- Working with Training Coordinator and supervisors, recruits for open positions including developing position descriptions and outreach campaigns, attending job fairs screening resumes, interviewing candidates, make recommendations for hire and extends employment offers for both exempt and non-exempt roles.
- Develops and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external agencies and labor suppliers to supply temporary or contract labor as needed to ensure achievement of requisite staffing levels to complete current and projected workload.
- Work with Safety Manager at both sites to provide information needed to generate accurate and timely health and safety records and administer AEU Claims and Light Duty / Return to Work program.
- Oversee activities of HR Administrator and operations timekeeping staff that is focused on excellence in client service and work product and that recognizes employees as principal client.
- Build Our Brand as Employer of Choice and Great place to Work (Internally and Externally) through appropriate all-employee communications, events, and overall service.
- Assist in Employee Communication effort, including bulletin boards, web sites, social media, events, newsletter content, and employee updates.
- Work with Marketing to manage video and photo distribution through different channels.
What You Bring to Our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree
- HR professional with 5+ years of experience
- Excellent analytical skills, judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience and master user of HRMS software such as Sage, UltiPro, PayCom or ADP
- Team player with demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Collaborative Spirit – as evidenced by natural orientation to share information necessary for progress on assigned tasks and projects.
- Client Service Ethic – as evidenced by behaviors that build trusting and productive relationships through satisfying internal clients and colleagues’ requests and providing reliable and timely service.
- Integrity and Trustworthiness – Projects competence, credibility, reliability, and trustworthiness through fierce respect for confidentiality of information inherent in role, and to confidentiality of HR matters to which role exposes. Demonstrates honesty and forthrightness in workplace interactions, takes responsibility for mistakes.
What Additional Things Would Distinguish You
- Experience in managing or administering HR programs in a multi-site environment.
- HR experience role in a project-based construction, manufacturing, or industrial environment
- Proficiency on Paycom.
- HR certification indicating focused study and mastery of an HR discipline.
- Bi Lingual – or at least willing to attempt to communicate with Spanish-speaking segment of workforce.
Pay: $70,000 – $100,000 per year
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Group Life Insurance with Optional supplemental life and disability insurance programs
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Culture of Learning with State-Certified Apprenticeship Programs