Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR), sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking a Marine Painters (multiple positions) who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and a top-quality repair services.
The Marine Painter will work primarily in surface preparation and painting of marine vessels currently under production or as finishing work on major repair projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform duties associated with abrasive blasting operations for surface preparation of interior and exterior tanks, engine room and interior compartments and other sites as required by each project based upon specifications for each vessel.
- Prepare coating materials by blasting, cleaning, preparing, masking and mixing in various additives such as two or three-part paints for:
- machinery/propulsion spaces,
- interior bulkheads and exterior surfaces with the proper applications with brushes or rollers, for the paint millage required by written technical direction.
- Perform needle gunning, hand or mechanical sanding to prepare the surface for final painting.
- Meet environmental requirements and best Shipyard practices in acquisition, application, removal and disposal of paint, paint waste or residuals in accordance with OSHA requirements and federal and state laws
- Apply paint free of discontinuities, for example: holidays, runs, and drips.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices,
- High School Education or equivalent or vocational education
- Team Player
- 4+ Years’ experience as a Marine Painter
- Certification as a C-12 air sprayer and C-14 airless sprayer (NACE/NBPI; SSPC standards)
- Certification as a C-7 blaster (NACE/NBPI; SSPC standards).
To Apply: Submit completed application form online(firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.