Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR), sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking Journeyman Ship Fitters (Multiple positions) who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and a top-quality repair services.
The Journeyman Ship Fitter will work primarily in fabrication, assembly, subassembly and final erection of all structural components on Marine Vessels, to include but not limited to: hulls, superstructures, masts, pilot house, and engine rooms.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forms, fits, and fabricates metal structures to blueprints to build structural elements of marine vessels during all phases of construction and rebuilds.
- Performs job functions on panel line, fabrication shop, on modular jigs, or on finished assembly.
- Responsible for layout, cutting, forming, preparation, and final assembly of all work assignments.
- Uses a variety of power and hand tools, including grinder, level, tape measure, etc.
- Lays out and builds jigs for building modules and superstructures.
- Works from standard and metric engineering drawings.
- Tacks and minor welding with MIG and Arc Welding processes.
- Uses a variety of metal forming equipment such as sheers, band saws, rollers, presses, breaks, etc.
- Works with Oxygen/Propane cutting torches and plasma cutters.
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
- Responsible for safe work practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Work as a member of a team demonstrating skills to adapt, interpret and problem solve.
- Responsible for expressing ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices,
- High School Education or equivalent or vocational education
- Team Player
- High School Education or equivalent
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Willingness to learn the trade and attend training as required (Entry Level Applicants Only)
- Team Player
- 3+ years’ experience as a Shipfitter (for Journeyman Applicants Only)
- Shipbuilding/marine, metal working experience
- Basic Blueprint Reading Knowledge
- Knowledge of Standard Ship fitting tools such as torches, saws etc.
- Safe Work Practices
- Experience working around Heavy Machinery
- Ability to work Overtime as necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. must be able to work at heights of 60 ft. Must be able to enter confined spaces using a respirator, and work in small workspaces at odd angles.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Construction or Shipyard experience a plus for entry level applicants
- Experience in aluminum and steel fabrication a plus
To Apply: Submit completed application form online(firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.