Everett Ship Repair is the Pacific Northwest’s Premier Ship Repair Facility. Founded in 2019, Everett Ship Repair offers vast ship repair capabilities from its facility in Everett, Washington, including repair, maintenance, and conversion services for any type of commercial vessels, with focus on commercial workboats and passenger vessels. With the US Navy as our neighbor, it is no secret that we are in aggressive pursuit of earning their business as we grow our footprint, skills, and profile in this market. With impressive dry-docking capacity, and an opportunity to be part of an emerging team of industry veterans and highly skilled tradesmen, ESR strives to continuously improve our repair and construction methods into efficient and reliable processes. We seek tradesmen who share that view, value learning opportunities, and desire an opportunity to apply their skills in our progressive environment.
We are now seeking a Facilities and Maintenance Laborer who will service the shipyard facilities-related maintenance and janitorial-related need, providing cleaning and labor support services as needed on various facility or vessel-related service projects.
What You will Do
- Clean service and supply restrooms throughout yard and facility and offices, including permanent bathrooms as well as porta-johns.
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, and fixtures.
- As requested, assist with cleanup of service project sites.
- Perform occasional fire watch operations.
- Clean service project sites as needed in support of providing safe and productive work environment for skilled crafts.
- Perform janitorial duties and help with yard maintenance.
- Occasionally assist the paint crew with simple painting projects.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Maintain adequate supplies of cleaning agents, toilet tissue and paper towels, and soap.
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas in breakroom and office areas
- Gather and empty trash.
- Embrace continuous improvement in approach to job and in providing safe and healthy work environment.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs, report damages and service needs.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Clean litter and debris from yard, dock, and pier areas inside and outside of buildings
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Always embrace safety culture and practice safe shipyard work practices and housekeeping
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with fellow crew members and supervision
- Other tasks as needed that may arise in our exciting work environment
What You Bring to Our Team
- Two years’ experience in facilities and maintenance role
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Endurance – Ability to bend, walk, push and lift all day.
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility and yard
- Mechanical skills
- High School Education or equivalent or vocational education
- Willingness to work extra hours or non-routine shifts as demanded by service schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Ability to pass company pre-employment screens in background check, drug test, and physical skills test.
What Additional Things Would Distinguish You
- Previous experience as a janitor
- Certification, or skills and experience in driving forklift
To Apply: Submit completed application form online (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.