Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR),sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Laborer who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and top-quality repair services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Clean service and supply restrooms throughout yard and facility and offices, including permanent bathrooms as well as porta-johns.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, and fixtures
- Keep first aid and safety offices clean and orderly.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Maintain adequate supplies of cleaning agents, toilet tissue and paper towels, and soap.
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas in breakroom and office areas
- Spot clean walls and toilet partitions
- Clean floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans, place garbage in outside storage bin
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains
- Embrace continuous improvement in approach to job and in providing safe and healthy work environment.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs; report damages and acts of vandalism
- Clean kitchen sinks and counters
- Clean liter and debris from all yard, dock and pier areas inside and outside of buildings
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Perform heavy cleansing special projects as needed
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- High School degree
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Endurance – Ability to bend, walk, push and lift all day
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to75 pounds
- Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility and yard
- Working experience as a janitor preferred
- Mechanical skills preferred
To Apply: Submit completed application form online (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.