Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR), sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking a Journeyman Machinist who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and a top-quality repair services.
The Journeyman Machinist is responsible for the installation and alignment of major equipment and propulsion systems as well as custom fabrication of machinery components, foundations, and various sub-assemblies in support of the overall repair project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and aligns major equipment and propulsion systems including, main engines, gear boxes, pumps, shafts, jet drives, propellers, rudders, and Z-drive systems.
- Forms, fits and fabricates structural machinery foundations to blueprints from steel or aluminum including layout and MIG and Arc welding and tacking of components.
- Builds custom components will lathe, milling, drilling, and molding operations.
- Responsible for final alignment and lock down of main engines and gear boxes during sea trials.
- Responsible for layout, cutting, forming, machining and preparation and final assembly of all work assignments.
- Uses a variety of mounted and hand power tools, including lathe, milling machine, grinder, drills, dial calipers, torque wrenches, etc.
- Test and inspect machine parts and equipment to ensure tolerances are within owner specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Uses standard and metric measurements and conversions.
- Uses a variety of metal forming equipment such as sheer, break, roll, press, band saw, etc.
- Works with Oxygen Propane torches and Plasma cutters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Education or equivalent or vocational education
- Team Player
- Able to understand a perform basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Understanding and experience with lathe and milling machines (Journeyman)
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Machinery Assembler, or Machinist (Journeyman)
- Willingness to learn the trade and demonstrated aptitude (Entry Level)
- Able and willing to attend classroom training for 144hrs per year while in training (Entry Level)
- Experience in a marine construction environment.
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
To Apply: Submit completed application form online(firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.