Everett Ship Repair, LLC (ESR), sister company to Nichols Brothers Boat Builders, is seeking a Marine Electrician who can join our new ship repair service. ESR offers 500’ of dockside moorage for pier-side vessel service; as well as one the largest drydocks in the Pacific Northwest, for high quality craftmanship and a top-quality repair services.
The Marine Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and replacing marine electrical (AC/DC) and electronic systems for large and small vessels; as well as the repair facility and premises.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine the layout and installation of electrical equipment.
- Install electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, feeders, coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Outfit and lay out wire ways, and install cable trays, and initially install hangers.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical controls and components involved with various main propulsion units.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrohydraulic steering controls.
- May install and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, techniques and practices involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and alteration of marine electrical and electromechanical systems.
- Ability to detect, diagnose, maintain and repair marine electrical systems.
- Perform electrical fitting installations, stud runs, cableways, controller mounts and all mounting hardware involved with marine electrical equipment.
- Work as a member of a team demonstrating skills to adapt, interpret and problem solve.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKLLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, understand and read drawings and blueprints and understand the contract requirements and schedule constraints.
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
- Ability to work in and navigate confined spaces, and indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to changing weather conditions.
- Ability to use torch to cut holes in bulkheads related to electrical systems and components
- Able to understand and perform basic mathematics
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience working as a General Maintenance Worker or similar with working knowledge of Marine Electrical systems and required maintenance and repair.
- Ability to tack weld to initially install the hangers and experience using welding torch (using either MIG welding or stud guns – Journeymen Welders will follow up their initial installations).
- 1-year experience working with Electrical system.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License.
- Marine Electrician Experience.
- Journeyman Electrical Card.
To Apply: Submit completed application form online(firstname.lastname@example.org), or to Everett Ship Repair, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 580, Freeland, WA 98249. Application form available at www.everettshiprepair.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.