Shared Ice Services (“SIS”) is a new company that will provide essential support services Nichols Brothers Boat Builders (“NBBB”) and Everett Ship Repair(“ESR”). SIS, coupled with these two operating companies, comprise the heft and might of Ice Cap Holdings’ presence in the maritime community of the Pacific Northwest.
We are seeking a Project Engineer, for current and anticipated needs in the Shipyard’s contracted work in both new construction as well as overhaul projects. The Project Engineer will be the lead engineer for a specific project or projects, coordinating the creation and flow of accurate and timely information for engineering and ensuring review, consistent with owner specifications and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
What You will Do:
- Prepare and submit assigned weekly payroll reports.
- Responsible for all engineering of project design review, revisions, and additions from bid estimate to customer delivery.
- Develops engineering objectives by reviewing project bids and proposals.
- Manage project teams comprised of in-house engineers and designers, outside design firms, and contractors.
- Coordinate with production supervisors and interface with vendors and owner’s representatives to resolve any technical issues.
- Review all production work packages and provide support as required to answer questions from the shipyard floor.
- Obtain regulatory approval of all drawings and deliverables and support QC department in dealing with local inspectors.
- Develop and maintain engineering budget and schedule and interface with Production Supervisors and Scheduling department to develop an integrated engineering project schedule.
- Develop and/or review preliminary and contract level design packages and specifications.
- Support continuous improvement efforts through development and documentation of best practices for design and manufacturing.
- Determines project specifications through analysis of project plans, customer requirements, contract elements, cost and technical studies.
- Coordinates and leads project update meetings for management with Project Manager.
- Works with Production Supervisors and Project Managers to design and overcome build obstacles to assembly, erection, and launch of vessels.
- Monitors project engineering schedule and works to resolve unexpected issues to keep the project on schedule.
- Coordinates with estimating, project management, and sales in the development of project, estimates, bids and initial work break down structure.
- Contributes to project team’s project review meetings with key stake holders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all other duties and/or ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management.
What You Bring to Our Team:
- 3+ Years Project Engineer Experience in Marine Construction
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of principles and practices of marine engineering and design, marine-related equipment, ship repair and construction techniques; sequencing of new construction and ship repair activities; and shipyard safety practices
- Knowledge of ship systems particularly how they interact and sequencing considerations for work on new construction and major overhaul projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Strong detail orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication
- Familiar with quality assurance processes and regulatory requirements
- Ability to at times work outside on projects using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), climbing stairs and ladders, and maneuvering through the in-process construction activities in shipyard.
- Experience in administering contracts with Buy America” requirements (preferred)
- Previous experience using one or more of MS Project, Rhino, Navisworks, Ship Constructor, GHS, Draftsight, or AutoCAD (preferred).
Pay: $60,000 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Group Life Insurance with Optional supplemental life and disability insurance programs
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Culture of Learning with State-Certified Apprenticeship Programs