Everett Ship Repair is the Pacific Northwest’s Premier Ship Repair Facility. Founded in 2019, Everett Ship Repair offers vast ship repair capabilities from its facility in Everett, Washington, including repair, maintenance, and conversion services for any type of commercial vessels, with focus on commercial workboats and passenger vessels. Together with our sister company Nichols Brothers Boat Builders and Shared Ice Services, we represent the heft and might of Ice Cap Holdings’ presence in the maritime community of the Pacific Northwest.
With impressive dry-docking capacity, and an opportunity to be part of an emerging team of industry veterans and highly skilled tradesmen, ESR strives to continuously improve our repair and construction methods into efficient and reliable processes. We seek tradesmen who share that view, value learning opportunities, and desire an opportunity to apply their skills in our progressive environment. Nichols Brothers Boat Builders and Everett Ship Repair work independently and jointly on projects, bringing the skills, trades and resources required to support the maritime community of the Pacific Northwest.
We are seeking a Project Manager to manage the contractual aspects of our projects and lead support staff and trades to accomplish the work safely, efficiently, and profitably. Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will facilitate optimal performance for all project teams in the shipyard and have significant influence over the company’s P&L.
What You will Do
- Creatively and resourcefully achieve a high level of profitability for Everett Ship Repair by understanding the full scope of work and negotiating internally and externally for the most cost-effective resources.
- Collaboratively work within ESR to establish an effective workflow for all projects.
- Oversee project life cycles from initial estimate through delivery to the customer and warranty period.
- Review, absorb, and demonstrate full proficiency over applicable project contracts and effectively share key information regarding schedule, milestones budgets, damages, and other areas of risk and or upside incentives with applicable staff on team and in other departments / disciplines.
- Identify changes in work scope to ensure appropriate planning measures are being taken within the Planning, Estimating, and Production departments, including the customer’s inputs for reassessing, renegotiating, and amending the scope of work, schedules, and budgets.
- Implement and execute Project Management processes and tools to support the project.
- Plan, lead and facilitate regular cross-functional Project Team meetings with company personnel, management, subcontractors, and customer representatives.
- Assist Sales and Estimating in developing project proposals, estimates and schedules.
- Review progress of construction-to-budget at regular intervals.
- Work with Ship Superintendent to update progress and work status to project management team for earned value/critical path analysis.
- Oversee schedule performance, investigates discrepancies, and develops practical solutions.
- Ensure through personal inspections that crews are following correct construction procedures and work follows the plans and specifications.
- Other tasks as needed that may arise in our exciting work environment.
What You Bring to Our Team
- Strong background, skill, knowledge and experience in marine design and engineering and manufacturing methods commonly used in marine new construction and service work.
- Working knowledge of ship construction, repair, and conversion, including vessel types, systems, and components.
- Skilled in conflict management and moving stakeholders to realistic consensus while protecting needs of and relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of current rules, regulations, and standard practices of regulatory bodies, including USCG, classification societies and the marine industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and Project.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
What Additional Things Would Distinguish You
- Experience in having competently addressed the workflow and efficiency challenges in a marine environment and effected improvements to insure improved project execution and heightened profitability
- Experience that has developed planning skills to facilitate efficient and profitable operations in an environment that has service-cycles of similar duration to those at ESR.
- Bachelor’s degree in a suitable field (e.g. business administration, construction management, or engineering) with at least 10 or more years of marine and engineering experience
- Project Management Certification
- Experience with and ability to read and interpret schedules in P6
- Advanced skill level with EXCEL, including ability to create and use Pivot tables and present data in attractive and compelling graphical, tablet and chart formats.
- Works to continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, or the like.
- Bilingual language skills (oral & written) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity: Everett Ship Repair, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, political affiliation, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Pay: $68,000 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Group Life Insurance with Optional supplemental life and disability insurance programs
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Culture of Learning with State-Certified Apprenticeship Programs