Everett Ship Repair is the Pacific Northwest’s Premiere Ship Repair Facility. Founded in 2019, Everett Ship Repair offers vast ship repair capabilities from its facility in Everett, Washington, including repair, maintenance, and conversion services for any type of commercial vessels, with focus on commercial workboats and passenger vessels. With the US Navy as our neighbor, it is no secret that we are in aggressive pursuit of earning their business as we grow our footprint, skills, and profile in this market. With impressive dry-docking capacity, and an opportunity to be part of an emerging team of industry veterans and highly skilled tradesmen, ESR strives to continuously improve our repair and construction methods into efficient and reliable processes. We seek tradesmen who share that view, value learning opportunities, and desire an opportunity to apply their skills in our progressive environment.
We are seeking a Tool Room Attendant / Facilities Maintenance Coordinator who would be responsible for efficient shop manufacturing workflow by ensuring that all company-owned tools and supplies are stored, assigned, serviced, and accounted for in a manner that meets the shipyard’s needs. This position will also serve as administrative support as needed for other yard needs including addressing the yard’s facilities and maintenance related needs including air and gas systems, plumbing systems, structural building repair and maintenance and light construction projects. Serves a variety of stakeholders including the frontline production worker, Purchasing, Accounting, and Safety and Human Resources. Reports to the ESR Facilities Manager and keeps management apprised of unique situations as they arise and potential solutions.
What You will Do
Tool Room Responsibilities
- Receives, stores, and oversees loans of tools, equipment, personal protective equipment, and supplies to yard employees.
- Keeps a log of tools and materials that have been issued, then follows up to ensure that items are returned as Performs required tool room administrative functions.
- scheduled and in good working order.
- Support set up and administration of Vendor Managed Inventory (“VMI”) program.
- Provides complete and accurate data on tool supply and location, monitoring the organization and physical storage/accessibility of tools
- Alerts Purchasing and Manufacturing Operations management of issues of under-supply or excess supply that may impact project progress or profitability.
- Oversee, explains, and administers the Tool Purchase Program
- Accurately and efficiently maintains applicable job cost accounting reports with respect to assigned tools, supplies and equipment; assures charges are applied to appropriate projects and cost codes.
- Checks for damages or unusable condition of tools, supplies and equipment. Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, and reports damage; Route damaged, dull and broken tools for repair, sharpening and or replacement
- Performs minor or routine maintenance to pneumatic tools or have tools and equipment sent out for repair. Examples include saws, grinders, fans, blowers, chain-falls, come-a-longs, clamps, welding leads, and welding wire.
- Helps investigate or search for/locate lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment, manually or using computer.
- Maintains each ESR and agency employee’s current tool account and produce reports on same.
- Maintains, updates, and manages communications and message boards at this critical communications hub of the shipyard.
- Performs inventory and audit support activities in support of Purchasing and Finance audit that may involve pipe shop parts tracking and data entry as directed.
Facilities Maintenance Responsibilities
- Perform building maintenance tasks in one or more fields, including carpentry, heating, ventilation, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Perform plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching, and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
- Assist as needed in servicing common area rooms, rest rooms, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Maintain and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance on power tools used throughout the yard by skilled tradesmen
- Maintain and repair gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
Ancillary Duties as Assigned.
- Load and unload materials and products
- Operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and other equipment to move materials as needed
- Support Materials and Purchasing as requested with date entry aspects related to materials.
- Work as a member of a team demonstrating skills to effectively communicate, adapt, interpret and problem solve.
- Always embrace safety culture and practice safe shipyard work practices and housekeeping
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with fellow crew members and supervision
- Other tasks as needed that may arise.
What You Bring to Our Team
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid WA State Driver’s license.
- Organized, self-disciplined, resourceful, and accountable for delivering on commitments to the customer, internal or external.
- Ability to learn from and apply best practices from Tool Room at NBBB and share knowledge and information in a constructive and proactive manner from ESR to NBBB in effort to realize continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently, and communicate articulately and efficiently
- High level of customer focus and ability to maintain a positive attitude always
- Experience in Material Handler or Forklift Operator position
- Ability to use a computer to maintain inventory
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to fifty pounds
- Must be able to physically transit all areas of the facility and yard
- Willingness to work extra hours or non-routine shifts as demanded by construction
- Ability to pass company pre-employment screens in background check, drug test, and physical skills test.
What Additional Things Would Distinguish You
- Working knowledge of various hand tools, materials and equipment used in shipyard repair operations
- Proficient with the use of hand and power tools
- Bilingual — Spanish speaking.